The Cambodia SEA Games Organising Committee (CAMSOC) takes its responsibility to look after your personal information very seriously. Cambodia 2023 are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the data protection legislation, and we are responsible for, and control the processing of, any personal information you share with us. This privacy notice contains important information about:
- The personal information we collect about you;
- Why we collect your information and what we do with it;
- Who your information will be shared with, and
- Your rights in relation to your personal data.
This notice relates to information collected from our website (including its subdomains), from our social media channels, from our contact centre, via email and any forms or questionnaires which you may complete on the website, or otherwise, as well as any postal, telephone or email enquiries you may make to Cambodia 2023.
We have a separate cookie notice for any information which we collect via cookies, web logs, Google Analytics, and security and performance software. For further information about these please read our cookie notice.
If you have any queries relating to data protection matters or if you would like a copy of this privacy notice in another format (for example: audio, large print or braille) please contact our Webmaster at:
CAMSOC is the public facing brand of the South-East Asian Games (SEAGF) and ASEAN Para Sports Federation (APSF) and is used to promote Cambodia 2023 – 32nd SEA Games and 12th ASEAN Para Games.
CAMSOC is the organisation responsible for the direction and control of Cambodia 2023 and for delivering on the vision of the two Games: to build peaceful, sustainable and prosperous communities globally by inspiring South Seat Asian Athletes to drive the impact and ambition of all South East Asian Citizens through Sport.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest operated by third parties, including social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter and websites. Please note that this Privacy Notice only applies to the personal information that we collect through our website (including its subdomains) and our social media channels, and we cannot be responsible for personal information that third parties may collect, store and use through their websites. You should exercise caution and always read the privacy notice of each website you visit carefully.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY WE NEED IT?
We process the personal information provided by you, or a third party acting on your behalf (such as a relative or friend), in order to respond to your requests including applications to participate in events and campaigns organised by CAMSOC and to receive communications from us. To keep you updated about Cambodia 2023 and the Games, we wish to collect the following information about you to personalise your communications:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your postal address
- Landline phone number
- Company registration details
- Country of residence
- Mobile phone number
- Date of birth
- Preferred sports
- Sporting participation
- Special category data such as ethnicity, disability and sexual orientation information.
- Interest in specific sporting events and Cambodia 2023 activities
- Recording of your voice on outbound telephone calls made from our contact centre
- If required for certain events or campaigns, the sport club name of which you are a member or staff member
- Details of any accident or incident which occurs on our premises, for reporting purposes
- Safety and security information shared for pre-Games planning purposes
- CCTV images from Games Venues, for the purposes of safety, security and the prevention of crime
If you also consent to receive marketing information from Cambodia 2023 and/or CAMSOC, then we will use your personal information, with your consent, to provide specific email and/or mobile communications related to Cambodia 2023 or any future events.
If you also consent to receive marketing information from, and about, Games partners or sponsors from Cambodia 2023, then we will use your personal information, with your consent, to provide specific email communications related to such partners and sponsors that we think will be relevant to you. We will also share your personal information, with your consent, with Games partners and sponsors, for them to provide specific email [and/or mobile communications]. We will never share your personal information with our partners or sponsors unless you have given consent to do so. We will never sell your personal data to third parties or any other organisations.
We would also like to undertake profiling of the impact our marketing activities have across the country, to ensure we are reaching a wide audience. To enable us to do this we would also like to collect your name, email address, country of residence and postcode. You do not have to provide this information and we would only collect this with your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. (please refer to the section entitled ‘your data protection rights’)
We also use personal information submitted to us by you, or a third party who is acting on your behalf, via the website, our social media channels or by post, to deal with any specific enquiries you may have, such as:
- Registering your interest in volunteering
- Applying to participate in events and campaigns organised by or with the collaboration of Cambodia 2023
- Registering your interest in purchasing tickets for the Games. You may provide us with your nationality, sports in which you are interested so we can show the information most relevant to your interests and your accessibility requirements to help us provide you with the seats that best meet your needs
- Registering your interest in becoming a baton bearer for the Cambodia 2023 Baton Relay
- Registering your interest in relation to a specific sport
- Reporting on our performance regarding equality, diversity and inclusion
- Submitting a complaint to us
- Contacting the press office
- Contacting our contact centre
- Submitting a freedom of information request
- Submitting a data protection enquiry
- With your consent, to run background checks where necessary in order to be eligible for certain competitions, awards and events organised by CAMSOC and Cambodia 2023
Depending upon the enquiry you make or the information you want to access, we may need to collect further personal information from you in order to respond to your request.
WHO WILL ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use a third-party organisation to host and maintain our website; and store personal data collected via the website.
We use a third-party to store personal data collected via our website: and to send our marketing and communications material.
If you have contacted us by post, then our staff will use your personal data in order to respond to your enquiry.
We use a third party to provide our ticketing sales system.
We may pass accident and incident report information to the Health and Safety departments, local authorities, the Police, insurers, law firms.
We pass some images from the Games Venues CCTV systems to the Police and contract security firms where these could contain evidence of the commission of a crime, or a safety or security risk.
HOW IS PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION LAWFUL?
When you ask us to provide you with information about CAMSOC or Cambodia 2023, we Sport rely on the basis of consent to process your personal data in order to provide you with this information. We will ask you to expressly opt in by clicking on a ‘tick box’
We also rely on the basis of consent, via use of a ‘tick box’ to send you any direct marketing material on our behalf or on behalf of our Games partners or sponsors. We also rely on the basis of consent, via use of a ‘tick box’ to share your personal data to both our Games sponsors and partners and those sponsors and partners of Cambodia 2023.
You have the option to opt into each individual type of marketing.
We continue to process your information on the consent basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our webmaster (please see the ‘how to contact us’ section).
If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing materials, you can contact our webmaster. Alternatively, there will also be a link to a unique preference centre in each marketing email you receive where you can select ‘unsubscribe’ in order to withdraw your consent or you can update your ‘opt in’ preferences in various fields in order to change your consents.
When we respond to freedom of information and data subject requests, the legal basis for processing your personal data is that it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation placed on us as the data controller.
When we respond to complaints you may have about Cambodia 2023 we process your personal data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
We process any special category personal data (e.g. health data) which you may provide on our contact centre form, or which may be recorded on outbound telephone calls to you from our contact centre, or other application form, for reasons of substantial public interest.
We may need to process your personal data to provide products or services to you, either at your request, with your express consent or in order to fulfil an existing contract, or to enable us to administer any competitions or other promotions you enter into for which you may have given express or implied consent.
We may process some personal data (e.g. accident and incident reports) for the purposes of employment, social security or social protection law.
There may also be instances where we need to process your personal data when it is necessary for our legitimate interests when your personal data is not processed in the context of public tasks, (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We would rely on this basis when we are required to communicate with you further to any enquiries or contact you have made with us, that is not covered by the lawful bases described above.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We employ comprehensive and appropriate security measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. Our security measures include organisational security (passwords and access controls, staff training, information security and data protection policies), physical security (secure data centres, building security) and IT security (firewalls, encryption).
Personal data collected via the website and enquiries sent to our Phnom Penh office will only be processed in Cambodia.
Although we will always treat the information you send us with the strictest confidence, we cannot guarantee the security of the Internet. No transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure and it is possible, though very unlikely, that someone other than ourselves could access and read information sent to us in this way. If you feel concerned about this, please use another form of contact, e.g. telephone or post.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you make a simple request for information about Cambodia 2023 or CAMSOC, we will retain your personal data for no longer than six months. This will enable us to answer your enquiry and to deal with any further enquiries or complaints you may have relating to your initial enquiry. After six months, your personal data will be deleted .
If you register to receive communications or marketing information from us whether this be from, and about the Games, CAMSOC or from, and about, any of our Games sponsors or partners and those of CAMSOC, we will retain your personal data until the end of December 2023, or until you expressly withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data. We will then ensure your personal data is deleted.
If you have made a subject access request, a freedom of information request or a complaint about Cambodia 2023 we will retain your data until the end of December 2023, after which point it will be securely deleted. Copies of identity verification documents will be destroyed immediately after we have verified your identity.
If you are registered for a competition or an event organised by or promoted by CAMSOC and Cambodia 2023, we will retain your personal data either until the end of the competition or if directly linked to the end of the Games, until the end of December 2023, unless we have relied in your consent for the use of your personal data, in which case we will retain your data until you expressly withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data. We will then ensure your personal data is deleted securely.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Data protection legislation gives you rights in relation to the personal data we may hold about you. Please click on the links below to receive a more detailed explanation of each of these rights.
If you have any comments, concerns or complaints about the use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (please refer to section “How to contact us” for contact details).
You are not normally required to pay a fee for exercising any of your rights. However, where we receive requests which are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example because they are repetitive in nature, we may;
- Charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administration costs of providing the information or taking the action requested; or
- Refuse to act on the request.
We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving your request, unless the request is particularly complex, in which case we will respond within three months, but we will notify you if we need to do this.
Please be aware that there are exceptions and exemptions that apply to some of the rights which we will apply in accordance with the law.
Your rights in relation to the personal data we may hold about you are as follows:
the right to be informed;
We are required to tell you what data we collect about you, how it is being used, how long it will be kept and whether it will be shared with any third parties. We meet this requirement by providing you with this Privacy Notice.
the right of access to personal data;
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. We must provide this free of charge, within one month. This is often referred to as a subject access request. We will provide you with:-
- Confirmation that we are processing your personal data;
- The categories of personal data;
- A copy of the personal data;
- Details of the purpose for which it is being or is to be processed;
- Details of the recipients or classes of recipients to whom it is or may be disclosed, including if they are overseas and what protections are used for those oversea transfers;
- The period for which it is held (or the criteria we use to determine how long it is held);
- Any information available about the source of that data;
- Whether we carry out any automated decision-making, or profiling, and where we do, information about the logic involved and the envisaged outcome or consequences of that decision or profiling;
- Information about your right to request rectification, erasure or restriction or to object to such processing; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with any another supervisory authority.
To help us assist you, please provide us with as much information as possible about the type of information you would like to see.
the right to rectification;
You have the right to ask us to rectify personal data that we hold about you if you think it is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information we hold about you if you think it is incomplete. If you would like to do this, email, call or write to us (see “How to contact us“). You will need to provide us with enough information to be able to identify you. You will also need to notify us what personal data we hold about you is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
the right to erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten);
In certain circumstances, you can ask for the personal data we hold about you to be erased from our records, where:-
- You do not believe that we need your data in order to process it for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice;
- If you had given us consent to process your data, you withdraw that consent and we cannot otherwise legally process your data;
- You object to our processing and we do not have any legitimate interests that mean we can continue to process your data; or
- Your data has been processed unlawfully or have not been erased when it should have been.
the right to restrict or prevent your personal data being processed;
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. You may request that we stop processing your personal data temporarily if:
- You do not think that your data is accurate. We will start processing again once we have checked whether or not it is accurate;
- The processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase your data;
- We no longer need the personal data for our processing, but you need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- You have objected to processing because you believe that your interests should override our legitimate interests.
the right to data portability;
You have the right to receive personal information you have given to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this information directly to another organisation.
the right to object;
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Whether it applies, depends on our purpose and lawful basis for processing your personal information.
the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing.
You can ask us to stop contacting you with marketing materials about Cambodia 2023 and/or CAMSOC and/or about its/their official Games partners and sponsors and we will confirm that we have done this within a month of receiving your request. If you would like to withdraw your consent for receiving this information, please:
- Email or write to us (see “How to contact us“). Or you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of our marketing emails. It may take a few business days for this action to be implemented
Rights in relation to automated decision making;
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact our Webmaster if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of your rights or if you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, our webmaster can be contacted by email at:
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information. If we plan to use personal information for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and will communicate the changes via this Privacy Notice. Please check our website occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version of this notice. This privacy notice is version 1 and is effective from Feb 2023.
The use of our website is governed by our terms and conditions, which can be accessed here.